Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas 2012

I tried to plan fun things for Christmas this year, but having a newborn we just went with the flow and did what we could. 

The girls made Christmas crafts. I love having handmade decorations around the house!

We got the girls matching pjs again. Look how much they've changed since last year!!


I've been searching for stockings for-ev-er! I even ordered 5 pretty white stockings from Pottery Barn and returned them. My husband thinks I'm crazy, but I wanted something personal. So, I finally got some inspiration and decided to make them. I used fabric from some of my husband & grandpa's old shirts, Brynlee's baby blanket, and my MeeMee's vintage lace. They might not be from PB, but no one else will have the same ones and they will be something we can cherish for years to come! 


My dad was able to come visit for Christmas this year and meet Ellie!


We made ice cream cone Christmas trees. Much easier & cheaper than a gingerbread house! 
Scarlett looked like the grinch by the time we were done. Ha



Do you have an elf on the shelf? I think this thing will become my enemy as the years go on. Such a cute idea, but more work for the parents hah! Our elf "Gingerbread" was very lazy this year!! I see everyone posting creative ideas of things their elf did each night, but ours was lucky if she even moved to a new place! Finally on Christmas Eve she got off her lazy butt and made reindeer food for the girls. 



Making cookies for Santa... 
(And a little piece of home)



We were lucky to have Stuart home for half the day on Christmas Eve & Christmas. 


My dad's birthday happens to be on Christmas Eve and he turned 60 this year!
No better way to celebrate than have 60 candles! Our poor brownies were covered in wax hah!








Ellie's 1st Christmas 



Bryn was the first one up of course. "Santa came! Santa came! He brought me a bicycle!!!"
So cute. She's growing up so fast. And asking lots of questions this year. Christmas is going to start getting tricky from now on! 










Didn't get many pictures this year. 
It was pretty much a blur of chaos...



This girl is 4 going on 14. Sigh...



Attempted a picture with all 3 in their Santa jammies. This is the best we got. 
Impossible! Ha 


And.....that's a wrap! 


Hope you all had a Merry Christmas! 

1 comment:

  1. The girls are growing too quickly!! We agree with Santa, they have been good girls. Brynlee and Scarlett have a knack at all the crafts and there is nothing better than homemade cookies.

    ReplyDelete