Thursday, August 16, 2012

Homeschooling...???

It's August and Brynlee is 4! Which means she'll be starting kindergarten in a year! SCARY! I am still up in the air about homeschooling. My heart tells me to do it and that it's the best thing for our children, but my mind is making me feel inadequate of course and I don't want to look like a failure if it doesn't work out for us in the long run. I'm praying that God will lead me in the right direction and give me a clear vision for what is best for our family. With that said, since we have 1 year left (which I'm sure will fly by) until Kindergarten I have decided to continue preschool at home. I figure it's the last year that I really have a chance to "test it out" and make a decision by the end of the year! I purchased the K4 curriculum from Confessions of a Homeschooler and we'll be starting next week! I'm excited and going to give it my all, and be optimistic about teaching a 4 year old, entertaining a 1 year old, and taking care of a newborn! Hah...the ultimate test right ;) Wish us luck!!!

Brynlee has already decorated her binder and excited to start school :)


1 comment:

  1. We believe that your attempt to home school the girls is fantastic. There is no way you can fail in the end. Brynlee, Scarlett and the third baby will benefit and fun learning things together. All children learn so much at an early age and they will be so far ahead of the other children once they start Kindergarten and grade school.

    ReplyDelete